Thursday, January 25, 2007

Exit 358 and Paradigms

So what’s with a road that has 358 Exits? Daunting, eh? What if you needed to get to Exit 6? How far would that be? I was in Pennsylvania and heading west – I didn’t think the whole state was 358 exits wide – or would I make it to California? I didn’t drive long enough to find out.
And, in case you were interested, the King of Prussia Mall, although it has over 400 stores and restaurants, and boasts of more retail space than any other shopping attraction in America, does not have a yarn shop. The woman in guest services sweetly asked, “How do you spell that?” when I asked. Y-A-R-N, as in knit. Nope, no stores. Not even a kiosk. Can you imagine? Sock yarn kiosks.
Paradigm. I really dislike that word. Overused and underrated – what does it really mean? So tell me – Paradigm Pillow? Really?
And, I managed to walk for three hours through the mall and all I bought was dinner and reading glasses. I’m proud of myself.

2 comments:

DonnaC said...

So you saved lots of money to buy more yarn!

Anonymous said...

Sock yarn kiosks, what a great idea. Build it and they will come!