Sunday, March 11, 2007

Three Times a Charm?

Notice anything funny about this sock?



Yes – the heel is not in the back. I’ve already taken out one heel when I made it on half the stitches I should have (no wonder it looked so small?) and now this – well, it is a learning experience – I’ve learned the mistakes I do not want to make again! And, I am now an accomplished wrapper and turner. Short Rows ‘R Us.

The yarn is yummy. It’s Monsoon, a new colorway from
Blue Moon Fiber Arts and their Rockin’ Sock Club. It’s my first sock club attempt. It’s a toe up sock, which I prefer (I have no patience, so I can finish the ankle short or long as the mood dictates) on 0’s and 1’s. Nice ribbing for the instep and cabling for the ankle. It uses a provisional cast on – so another new thing to learn. All in all, I’m happy.


P.S. Just saw this link - when sheep go baa-aaa-aaad.

1 comment:

DonnaC said...

Lovely! I can't wait to see it Monday!